Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holding Me

The other day I came across the Intercessor Relief website and noticed that my friend Sean who I had worked with at a Catholic summer camp a few summers ago had posted a song he wrote about the experience of the religious community he joined, the Intercessors of the Lamb, disbanding. If you are unfamiliar with the situation you can read this section of the Intercessor Relief website which explains it.

Here's a link to the song:

Holding Me

This song is very powerful as he is singing from his experience, which as I can imagine has been extremely trying. It is a great testimony of being faithful to following God even though we can't fully know where He is leading us, and clinging to Him in trust even when it seems your world is falling apart. The song also communicates hope and the courage and peace which comes from Christ.

Here is a picture I drew of Sean napping from the summer of '08.


Please pray for Sean and the others that are going through what he is going through.

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have contact with Sean? I love this song and would like to let him know.

    Paul
    www.theandric.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paul,

    Email me at ShanaSmith89@gmail.com and I could tell you the url to his facebook page if you'd like.

    -Shana

    ReplyDelete